Please note: Universal Medicine courses are not weight loss courses, they are about the possibility that we can make more self-loving and self-nurturing choices in our day-to-day lives. Weight loss is often a natural occurrence when these choices are implemented in daily life as can be seen from the photos Rowena and Jonathan Stewart have sent in below.
It is worth noting that from an Esoteric perspective, there is no ‘perfect body weight’ to achieve, only a shape that is most natural to you, and which can be allowed to be and take shape, as a harmonious and loving relationship with yourself is embraced and then embodied.
In April 2006 we attended a new complementary health workshop to broaden our professional healing skills, but not to address our own health issues. What we really met was…
- Self-love is ok
- Looking after yourself deeply is part of life
- We can make loving choices that not only help oneself, but also all others in the process
BEFORE Universal Medicine
AFTER Universal Medicine
The Words Behind the Pictures
The evident changes in the pictures have not come about from the intention to lose weight. Nor were we overweight from overeating. All of it was and is because of lifestyle choices.
In 2006 and in the years leading up to it we had, as successful complementary health practitioners, been making informed and rational choices to support our health and well-being that was above the average of society in general. But we were in denial of the truth that we:
- Were overweight from consuming foods and drinks that our bodies could not tolerate
- Made work more important than our health, relying on caffeine, alcohol and sugary foods to alleviate our general state of anxiety and exhaustion and boost our energy levels
- Arrogantly believed that our way of living in general not only supported our well-being but was beneficial for us
- Were very judgemental, stubborn and argumentative
- Tried very hard to fix Rowena’s health issues of painful periods and endometriosis, migraines and bouts of depression (which we both experienced) with kinesiology, but which in truth only resulted in burying them further into her body
- Gained our sense of worth from what we did and identified strongly with our profession
In the 6 years that have passed it is not that we have eaten less nor striven to lose weight. When we attended the Universal Medicine workshop in 2006 it was with the sole intention of furthering our professional skills.
Instead, we were presented with a different way of being. This has led us to make different choices not only about our food but how we approach our work, sleep routine and life in general.
This has resulted in:
- Relinquishing comfort eating, caffeine and alcohol in favour of addressing the underlying emotions and to feel the effects of the foods we eat
- Taking responsibility for our emotions, actions, choices and communication
- Being willing to face our unresolved hurts and issues, instead of burying them
- Discovering Jonathan’s sense of humour
- Putting our health first, learning how to love, nurture and care for ourselves and consequently how to love others in the process
- A dramatic improvement in Rowena’s health
- Rediscovering that our self-worth is inside ourselves and not in the things we do
- Losing loads of weight without meaning to
- Beginning to have an inkling of the true meaning of joy and harmony
- Being committed to just being ourselves in whatever we do
This, and more, is a work in progress. We can still get grumpy and irritable but by learning to be honest the disharmony is less and less frequent. Instead of compromising by finding solutions we now seek resolutions. Life is not about how one looks but this is how we look after 6 years of living a self-loving way.
It is through OUR choices and endeavours that OUR LIFESTYLE has become OUR MEDICINE.
We have learnt a great deal from what Serge Benhayon has presented in the workshops, presentations and books but mostly from the example LIVED by Serge and the whole of the Universal Medicine staff and students. Thank you Serge for inspiring us to choose a far more joyful, harmonious and loving way to live.
by Jonathan & Rowena Stewart, England