by Helen Simkins , Tourist Attraction Manager, North Coast NSW
My life, these days, is simple… and on the whole, full of joy. I look forward to each day (the weekdays too – not just the weekend). I enjoy my job. I love being with people – ALL people (yes, even the difficult ones)… and most of all I love being me.
I have found that simplicity is not a thing to be longed for, and not impossible to build in this modern world: it is something that I have learned to create for myself within the apparent mess of the world through reconnecting to a way of living that is totally natural (even though at first a little unfamiliar).
I have discovered that creating simplicity makes life truly successful. The Universal Medicine clinic and Serge Benhayon presented this to me as a possibility: I recognised the truth of it and have established it as a way of life, based on this principle that feels so great that I want to share it with you.
By removing many of the complications that I used to accept as a normal part of life there is now an ease to my daily living which brings joy and freedom. I don’t pretend that life is always easy – life and society are definitely filled with a constant activity and can come with the complication of much human drama, an indisputable fact…
BUT, and this is a huge but (one that is worthy of beginning a sentence with), I have discovered that I can create a space within me and around me that lessens or even removes the pressure of all that stuff (yes, TRUE).
The space that I create in this way is what is now filled with joy.
At first it was hard for me to believe it could be possible; well, actually that was hard to get my head around for quite a while and I must admit that the process of mastering this recipe isn’t always easy, but let me tell you it IS WORTH IT!
There are basic ingredients that make up the recipe of simplicity. They can seem quite hard to access – but keep at it because once you get hold of them you never, ever need to search for them again, I can assure you. Here are the essential ingredients and the method. Big note here – the quality of the ingredients is super important.
- COMMITMENT – to love, and to your true self
- RESPONSIBILITY – the key ingredient – can’t create simplicity without this one
- HONESTY – essential, & by the way it is with yourself first, not with everyone else – that comes after you master it with you
- CHOICES – basically everything begins with a choice, & be assured you are making choices with every breath that you take
- GENTLENESS – like the way a baby breathes or holding a butterfly without damaging it; you get the picture
- LOVING DISCIPLINES – without ensuring the quality of the ingredients this can seem impossible, so experiment with what they truly are
- ESTABLISH A RHYTHM – a consistency of the above
- LET GO – of all that is no longer congruent with your life… believe me, you will know what that is if you use honesty
- Season the whole dish with your own personal touches and play-fullness
- In this recipe no perfection is required; if you slip-up just go back a step and begin again with love
Once you build this dish, enjoy letting the harmony flow and you may be surprised at how much it inspires others to do the same.
A favourite recipe… make it your own & share it!